Today’s pop quiz
A bank’s future is:
By deliberating before answering this question (and subsequently leaving a reply below), you will better understand how + why my team at Bank Director developed the agenda for our Growing the Bank Conference.
Next Monday and Tuesday, at the Four Seasons Resort and Club Las Colinas in Dallas, we are excited to welcome 230+ executives from traditional and emerging financial services companies to explore:
- The power of partnerships between banks and fintechs;
- How to embrace change; and
- Intelligently experimenting with emerging tools and products.
As I wrote in 3 Quick Takeaways from #fintech16 (aka Bank Director’s FinTech Day at Nasdaq’s MarketSite), many technology companies have developed strategies, practices and new technologies that will dramatically influence how banking gets done in the future. For example:
- Nymbus is transforming the way traditional banks and financial institutions support and interact with their customers through its core processing solution;
- nCino is a leader in cloud banking with a dynamic bank operating system; and
- Geezeo offers an integrated suite of online tools and services; notably, a sleek Personal Financial Management (PFM) solution.
However, within this period of upheaval — where considerable market share will be up for grabs — ambitious banks can leapfrog both traditional and new rivals. So if you are joining us, be advised that this is not a place to sit quietly and be told what’s not working in banking. This two-day exchange of ideas allowed for candid conversations and presentations banking leaders from around the United States eager to address challenging issues and emerging opportunities. If you are interested in following the conversation via Twitter, @bankdirector uses #BDGrow16. In addition, we will share various takeaways via LinkedIn and I’ll be posting regularly to this site.
P.S. – I’ll read the best answer to today’s question to open the conference, so don’t be shy in sharing your answer below.
One Reply to “A Bank’s Future Is _____”
Successful companies reinvent themselves as the paradigm shifts within their industry. While financial services is moving rapidly toward digitalization, the real challenge seems to be how to optimally blend physical resources with virtual ones.