We look forward to hosting Acquire or Be Acquired
at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge
January 30 – February 1, 2022!
Registration is now open for 2022’s conference. Widely regarded as the premier event for CEOs, board of directors and executive teams from all corners of the banking sector, our annual Acquire or Be Acquired Conference brings together a hugely influential audience in Arizona the week before the Super Bowl.
With the banking business in the midst of radical change, this annual event surfaces merger opportunities, acquisition trends and financial growth strategies. In addition, we explore lending, deposit gathering and brand-building tactics. We talk regulation, FinTech and building franchise value as well.
For those interested in 2020 conference highlights, you can read and/or watch some of what I shared about the conference we held at the Arizona Biltmore.
- By the Numbers
- What’s All the Fuss About?
- Welcome to Acquire or Be Acquired
- Sunday recap of Acquire or Be Acquired
- Monday Recap of Acquire or Be Acquired
In addition to my opinions, our editorial team posted these articles to BankDirector.com during (and following) the event:
- The Measure of a “Good” Deal
- When the Earnings Get Tough, the Mergers Get ‘Strategic’
- Four Takeaways from One of the Biggest Events in Banking
If you are interested in reviewing the conference conversations via our social channels, I invite you to follow me on Twitter via @AlDominick, @BankDirector and our @Fin_X_Tech platform. Search #AOBA20 to see what was shared with (and by) the 1,350+ attendees that joined us and bookmark #AOBA22 to stay in the know for next year.
*PS — if you’re interested in checking out what’s changed over the past few years, here are links to stories and videos from January 27 – 29, 2019. For our 25th anniversary of AOBA, the team welcomed 853 bankers — representing 432 financial institutions — to the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge.
- Spotlight on Diversity (video – 1/27/19)
- Pain Today, Gain Tomorrow (video – 1/28/19)
- Board Level Concerns (video – 1/27/19)
- Digging Into Strategic Issues (video – 1/26/19)
- The Biggest Changes in Banking Since 1993 (from BankDirector.com – 1/25/19)
- Everything You Need to Know About 2019’s Acquire or Be Acquired Conference (posted 1/25/19)
- On the Horizon for Bank CEOs, Their Leadership Teams and Boards (posted 1/22/19)
- An Optimist’s Dilemma (posted on 12/9/18)